Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bitter Gourd & Potato Curry With Mustard


‘Bitter gourd’ was a horrible vegetable for me during my childhood days. I hate it like anything. My mom and my grand mom always forced me to eat this, but any how I managed to throw from my mouth. They told me several times that how good Bitter gourd is for health, but I used to ignore them like anything.

But slowly when I saw other‘s having Bitter gourd so happily I felt like to try them, and after I got married I just can’t say no to my mother in-law also. So I started having Bitter gourd slowly. And the most important note is now I really love to cook and eat Bitter gourd. Today I prepared one Bitter gourd and potato curry with Mustard gravy. This one is my mom’s signature dish. She used to prepare this at home. She is the best cook for me. Try it for sure you goanna love this.



Prep time: 10 mints.
Cooking time: 20 mints.
Serve for 2 people.

Ingredients:

1.Two small Bitter gourd. (Cut into straight wise).
2.One medium potato. (Cut into straight wise)
3.One table spoon mustard seeds.
4.Half tea spoon poppy seeds.
5.Two green chili cut into length wise.
6.Few Panch foron. (its mix of five type spices seeds like cumin, fenugreek, kalonji, mustard & fennel seeds).



7.Half tea spoon of turmeric powder.
8.Salt & Sugar as per taste.
9.Mustard oil or Sunflower oil.


Process:

Make a smooth paste with the mustard seeds and the poppy seeds with some water and turmeric powder.

Put one table spoon of oil in a vessel and fry the bitter gourd pieces. And keep it aside.

Now put some more oil and add the potato pieces with the green chilies and fry for few mints.

Now add the mustard seeds paste with some salt & sugar and cook for 2 mints.

Now add the fried bitter gourd pieces with some water and cover with lid till the bitter god and potatoes boil properly.

Serve hot with plain rice.

CoolCoolCool

No comments:

Post a Comment