Monday, February 25, 2013

Homemade Butter Naan.


I was so exited last night after finished my first successful batch of BUTTER NAN’S. Wow they were so good and soft also. Most of the time we preferred to have NAAN in restaurants, but never tried at home before. I always thought it will never be like restaurants. But believe me this one is too good. And the recipe is also not that tough. I just added few chopped coriander leaves which I saw long time back in a cookery show.



After having our dinner my husband asked me when you are going to make this again and I think that’s the best complement for your food. I am not a professional I love food and love to cook for others that’s why when someone else says few good words about my cooking I just feel top of the world.



Preparation time: 8 to 10 mints.
Cooking time: 5 to 8 mints.

Ingredients:
1.All-purpose flour: one cup.
2.Two table spoon curd.
3.Half cup milk.
4.A pinch of salt.
5.A pinch of sugar.
6.Half tea spoon of baking powder.
7.A pinch of baking soda.
8.Chopped coriander leaves: A handful.
9.One table spoon butter.

Process:

Take one big bowl and put the all-purpose flour on that.

Now add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix well.

Now add the curd and mix well.

Now add the milk (slowly) and the chopped coriander leaves and make a nice dough (if you need more milk to make the dough then add but don’t add water.



Now leave the dough for 30 mints in an air tight box.

Pre heat your oven in maximum temperature.

After 30 mints make some small round balls, now deep the balls into some flour and with a help of a roller make some oval shape NAAN'S.



Now take one oven proof pan and cover it with a aluminum foil and place the NAAN’S in single layer and grill it for 6 to 8 mints. But every 2 mints just flip the NAAN’s or cook till both the side turn into little brown color. 



After take it out from the oven just brush some butter on top your NAAN’S. Serve hot with any Curry I prepared some Chicken Chap with this. 

5 comments: