Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Misti Polao or Sweet Polao

What you guys really do when you fill helpless or when you have some uncontrollable situation, for me only one person can help me or suggest me what to do. And the person is none other than my Maa. My Maa is a very good cook or I can say she is the best cook for me. During my college day I used to call her before coming home what’s on lunch or evening snacks. And if I don’t like to have the prepared one immediately without getting angry she used to prepare whatever I wanted to have. O what a life which I miss like anything. Now I am doing such things for my hubby dear.

That’s why whenever I prepare something from my Maa’s kitchen I fill like to order her like before. But this time it’s on my Husbands demand. A very common and famous Rice recipe its called 'Misti Polao' or 'Sweet Polao'. The ingredients are very less but the taste is better than any other Rice preparation.



Preparation time: 5 mints.

Cooking time: 20 mints.

Serve for 2 people.

Ingredients:
1.Gobindobhog Rice : 1 cup.





2.Half tea spoon ginger paste.
3.Cashew nuts: 10 to 12 piece.
4.Raisin : 10 to 12 piece.
5.One tea spoon turmeric powder.
6.Half tea spoon Kashmiri chili powder.
7..Salt & sugar(add little more than other rice preparation) as per taste.
8.One bay Leave, 2 Clove, 2 Cardamom, One small cinnamon stick.
9.One table spoon ghee.
10.Two table spoon sunflower oil.
Process:

Wash the rice and mix the rice with 2,3,4,5,6,7 no items as mentioned above.



 
Now put ghee and oil in a vessel and slowly add the whole garam masala.

Now add the rice mixture, and stir for few mints.


Now add 2 cups of water and cook till the rice done.


 
Serve hot with any veg or non-veg curry.
CoolCoolCool

No comments:

Post a Comment