Monday, March 18, 2013

Malai Kofta


Last few weeks I continuously posted non-veg items so few of my vegetarian friends were asking me for some veg but special recipe which they can cook for some parties also. Last night I had one dinner party at my home and I had two vegetarian guests too. So I planned to cook something different which I didn't cook before. Then I thought lets cook a different paneer or Indian Cottage cheese version. And I prepared some tasty MALAI KOFTA. The best part of this dish is the gravy. My guests enjoyed the dish very much so I thought let's share the recipe with my friends and followers. 



MALAI KOFTA is a very famous North Indian dish. The Kofta’s are made with grated paneer and smashed potato and few of the other ingredients which are cooked in tomato gravy. MALAI KOFTA is one of my favorite dishes which I used to order most of the time when we go out for dinner in any Indian Restaurant. The recipe is really easy but the steps are little lengthy. 


Preparation time: 15 mints.
Cooking time: 30 mints.

Ingredients:
For Kofta:
1.Grated Paneer: 100 gm.
2.One medium size boiled potato.
3.Chopped coriander leaves:  A Hands full.
4.Three to Four chopped green chilies.
5.Few cumin seeds.
6.Pinch of salt and sugar.
7.Pinch of aamchur powder. 



For Batter:
1.Two table spoon All-Purpose flour.
2.Pinch of salt and sugar.
3.One tea spoon corn flour.
4.Pinch of red chili and cumin powder.

For Gravy:
1.One large chopped tomato.
2.Two green chilies.
3.One inch Ginger.
4.Few cumin seeds, One small cinnamon stick, Few Clove.
5.Half tea spoon all-purpose flour.
6.One table spoon cashew nuts paste.
7.Two table spoon heavy cream.
8.Turmeric Powder, Red chili Powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder (half tea spoon of each item).
9.Salt and sugar as per taste.
10.Pinch of garam masala powder.
11.Sunflower oil for coking.


Process:

For Kofta:
Put all the Kofta ingredients in a bowl and mix them well and make a soft mixture (if its not tight enough then u can add little flour into it).




Now make some small balls with the mixture (I make some round shape balls u can make oval too).

Now in a separate bowl add all the batter mixture and make one nice batter (medium thick).
Now take the balls and dip them into the batter and deep fry them in medium heat till they become golden brown. Soak the extra oil in a paper towel. And keep it aside.








Now make a smooth paste with tomato, green chili and ginger with some water.  And add the flour into the cashew paste.

Add some oil in a vessel and add the cumin seeds, clove and cinnamon stick after few seconds add the tomato paste and cook till the oil come out. 

Now add all the spices powder with some salt and sugar and stir for some time.

Now add one cup of water and cook with a lid for 6 to 8 mints. Remove the lid and add the cream and cashew flour mixture and cook for some time. Now your gravy is ready.



Now add the fired korfta’s and the chopped coriander leaves, cook for 2 to 4 mints with a lid. 




Your MALAI KOFTA is ready serve hot with Roti or Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment